All of our candles are handmade in our factory. They are carefully and individually hand poured, although every effort is made to ensure consistency, each candle may be different. When using completely natural soy wax, sometimes you may notice darker patches or what looks like wet spots/air bubbles on the outside of the glass. This is not a fault, simply a small blemish where the wax has not adhered to the glass 100%. This does not effect the candle in any way.
To ensure you have a full fragranced and long lasting soy candle, you should know the following information:
Do not leave your candle in direct sunlight as it may turn yellow. It will not effect the candle in any way, it just loses its creamy white colour.
CREATE A BURN MEMORY
When burning your soy candle for the first time, allow the wax to melt right to the edge of the container. This will give you maximum fragrance and an even burn. This will take approx 2 hours. If you do not allow the wax to pool on the first burn you may get wax remaining along the sides of your container.
Towards the end of your candle, please leave approx 1cm of wax at the bottom. If you burn past this point, the heat from the flame can cause the glass to smash.
DO NOT BLOW OUT
Do not blow your candle out, this will cause the wick to smoke. Extinguish the flame by using a candle snuffer (Tip: the glass lid that comes with your candle makes the perfect snuffer)
TRIM THE WICK
Soy wax does not burn as hot as paraffin wax, so soy wax candles require a thicker wick which does not burn 100% and needs to be trimmed regularly. Trim the wick to approx 6-8mm, and remove any mushrooming at the end of the wick before re-lighting your candle. Be careful not to trim the wick too short as you may have trouble re-lighting the wick.
If you do not trim the wick regularly, if the candle is in a windy spot or is left to burn too long you may get a “mushroom” of carbon on the end of the wick. This may cause some soot to collect on the inside of the container. If this happens, extinguish your candle, wait for it to cool, wipe off the carbon marks with a clean damp cloth and re-light.